Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eileen Hull Designs Inspiration Team: August "Sneak Peek" of Vintage Kitchen

I am so excited to share a "sneak peek" of a new Sizzix Collection  by Eileen Hull Designs called "Vintage Kitchen" that recently was showcased at the Craft and Hobby Association's Paper Arts Show!

Eileen never ceases to amaze me - I am always able to take her designs and make projects that are fun and also "outside of the box".  Here, I made a cute and sparkly container for my lip glosses - I use lip gloss everyday and it makes me happy to be able to see this as I get ready to start my day.

For this project I used the following products:
- Washi Tape
- Fun quote by Actress Mindy Kaling
- White paper
- Paper with lips (Nikki Sivils) and circle punch
- Sequin bow embellishment
Tape Runner
- Foam dots

Step 1:  Run the Sizzix Dies and glitter paper to get the perfect cuts for your lip gloss container.  Adhere the container together with Aleene's Tacky Glue (you may want to use clothespins to help too.)

Step 2:  Cut quote and white paper (mount the quote on the white paper) to fit the Cookie Jar, adhere with tape runner.

Step 3:  Cut the washi tape to look like a flag, adhere with tape runner or foam dots.

Step 4:  Adhere the sequin bow embellishment with foam dots.

Step 5:  Use a circle punch to add a fun embellishment to the side of the container.  I used some scrapbook paper by Nikki Sivils that had lips!
 
What would you you make with the "Vintage Kitchen" Cookie Jar Die?  Let me know!

Check out Eileen's post this month and enter to win her "Art with Heart Challenge" drawing to win some awesome crafting goodies.  Click here to go to Eileen's blog.

Happy August!

- Miss Rina

2 comments :

  1. I love that glitter! You've created a beautiful piece that would look fabulous on anyone's vanity table. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rina this project is so cute- that would get me in a good mood every morning too- can't wait till the dies are out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...